Head of the Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Professor of Religion
Professor of Medieval Studies
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Medieval cultural history, topics in the history of books and printing
- Ph.D. in Medieval Studies, Yale University, 1990
- M.Phil., Yale University, 1988
- M.A., Yale University, 1987
- M.L.S., Southern Connecticut State University, 1984
- B.A. in Classical Languages and Literatures, University of Cincinnati, 1982
Distinctions / Awards
- Andrew Turyn Professorship, 5-year Chair for Distinguished Faculty in the Library, 2011-2016
English in Print from Caxton to Shakespeare to Milton (With Fred C. Robinson). Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 2008.
Creeds and Confessions of Faith in the Christian Tradition. 5-volume collection (In collaboration with Jaroslav Pelikan). Yale University Press: New Haven, 2003.
Bridwell at Fifty: Books, Benefactors, and Bibliophiles. Dallas: Bridwell Library, 2001.